The department of Workforce Administration at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Workforce Administration Assistant. This position is responsible for working in the Employee Data Management area and will focus on the accurate filing and retrieval of all hardcopy human resources documents that are contained in the employee files.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Organize and file documents within the appropriate filing system for all regular and temporary, retired and terminated non-classified, faculty, FEAP and temporary employees at West Virginia University.
- Create files for new employees using established procedures.
- Ensure files are organized and documents are filed in the appropriate location.
- Upon request and following established guidelines, retrieve files for review by authorized staff.
- Provide copies of information from files upon request by authorized staff.
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations when working with all other internal and external customers.
- Escalate issues, where required, through a formalized issue/inquiry escalation process within HR Services as well as to other business partners, where applicable.
- Prepare packets for benefits and new hire processing as requested.
Work Hours: 18.75 hours per week
Pay Grade: 8
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of administrative experience, preferably in human resources.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access) is preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with information.
- Ability to maintain confidential files in an accurate manner.
- Ability to enter data into a computer database.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- High degree of integrity and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft office products, such as Excel, Word, Access.
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional level of customer service, to all levels of the organization.
- Work is typically performed in a normal office environment; some duties may require lifting and carrying boxes of materials supplies.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 29, 2020
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No