VMware Engineer Needed At Skilled Hire Contract Job3 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Washington, D.C. - 116 views
This is a full time position with a Fast Growing IT Company looking to expand team for a long-term large Government contract to support Department of State in Washington, DC. Offering Great pay plus full scale benefits that are second to none!
- Provide recommendations to optimize and improve management of vSphere Infrastructure.
- Plans and executes upgrades, installations, monitoring and management tools, security practices and overall corporate support architecture.
- Ensures the successful installation, integration, and deployment of virtualized environment solutions in across enterprise-level production and non-production environments.
- Research, develop and implement solutions to enhance current systems, including converged and cloud architectures.
- Provide architecture and engineering support for the Client's performance and availability monitoring products.
- Provide Instrumentation for proactive diagnostic insight into health of operational environments.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to assist with operation, maintenance, and development of the monitoring solution set.
- 5 years’ experience providing Tier III level technical engineering support in a large-scale virtualized VMWare 6.0/6.5 infrastructure environment.
- Experience and knowledge with designing, installing and implementing VMware ESX server, VMware virtual center, setting up VMotion, HA, DRS, and related VMware products such as vROps/vRLI, VM Workstation, VMware converter VM Backup products and other products for virtualization.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of Vswitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management on VMware ESX 3.X and Virtual Center and motion.
- Service maintenance employing ITIL principles.