Virtual Success Coach (SY 23/24) at OHDELA
Location: OHDELAApply Now
About the Team
The Ohio Distance and Electronic Learning Academy help Ohio online K–12 students thrive in their schoolwork and in life. OHDELA is a proud member of the Accel Schools network, with decades of experience serving students virtually throughout the United States. Join this exciting movement and watch students explore, grow, and learn in an innovative public-school option, at home.
About the Opportunity
- Review transcripts and offer guidance to students and families on class selections in order to create schedule and confirm grade level placement
- Ongoing course planning and Academic counseling as required
- Serve as the primary point of contact for school administration in developing plans to address barriers to full achievement of attendance, academic, and behavioral goals
- Make welcome calls to new families
- Facilitate homeroom and implementation of a Social and Emotional Learning curriculum
- Responsible for tracking and reporting data as directed by supervisor
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, administrators, and other school staff to ascertain students’ academic needs and create an academic remediation plan and provide support towards completion of plan
- Work with overage students and develop plan to help get back on track for graduation in coordination with teachers
Responsibilities of Virtual Success Coach
- Provide research-based strategies to give students and parents the necessary skills and knowledge to help them communicate effectively with teachers and administrators in order to ensure student goals are met
- Facilitate individual and group training/support and provide academic resources to help students increase academic achievement
- Collaborate with students regularly to check in on progress in classes, keeping students accountable for achieving their academics, attendance, engagement, and behavioral goals
- Work in Partnership with teachers and parents on evaluation of student progress and implementation of student objectives
- Maintain effective communication with teaching staff on student progress and concerns
- Conduct conferences with parents and students, both in person and over the phone as needed
- Prepare for and/or attend student gatherings
- Provide parent workshops and other activities to ensure quality delivery of services
- Maintain accurate documentation of student performance, progress, needs, and academic support
- Travels to support testing efforts and school events within the state as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Services, Related Field
- 2+ years of experience in the K-12 educational setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite Products
- Prior administrative assistance experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a school setting is preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and exhibit sound judgment while maintaining that confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a reliable, dependable, and trustworthy work ethic.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional client situations
- Ability to make sound judgments after all available information has been gathered or communicated.
- Demonstrates a mature attitude and insight into matters affecting department, self and / or company welfare.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks to meet deadlines consistently.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study, professional training, and from more senior team members.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team
- Understanding and ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks
Benefits of Virtual Success Coach
We offer the following benefits:
Life benefits – time & peace of mind
- Paid time off
- Retirement contributions
- Optional Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life insurance (employee, spouse, child)
- Discounted childcare at Early Learning Academies locations
Health benefits – stay well & thrive
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance
Career benefits – keep growing
- Career advancement opportunities throughout Pansophic Learning and our strong network of 4,000+ instructors and education professionals
“We believe that every child should be able to be anything they want in life, regardless of their birthplace and circumstances.” – Ron Packard, CEO & Founder
ACCEL Schools is a network of 80+ high-performing, public charter schools serving PK-12 students. We proudly advocate for school choice and work to address educational inequities throughout the United States.
- Our schools are inclusive and widely differ to reflect the unique values of the many urban, suburban, and rural communities we serve.
- Our brick-and-mortar, virtual, and hybrid schools specialize in closing educational gaps and offer innovative models such as career-technical education, sports training, bilingual programming, and more.
- We have been recognized and praised by legislators, authorizers, and researchers for providing exceptional education options to students in historically under-resourced communities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable