Transportation Assistant Full-time Job1 month ago - Sales & Services - Tuskegee - 120 views
The Central Alabama Veteran Health Care System (CAVHCS) is consolidated health care system that includes VA Medical Centers in Montgomery and Tuskegee Alabama as well as Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Dothan Alabama, Ft. Rucker Alabama, Monroeville, Alabama, Columbus Georgia and Montgomery VA Clinic. The primary duty station for this position is at the Tuskegee Campus. The incumbent will be required to work on site at the other locations a required.
This position will report to the Assistant Fiscal Officer (AFO) at the applicable facility. The incumbent serves as a member of the Facility Fiscal Service staff in VISN 7 and has responsibility for all aspects of domestic and foreign Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel to include Local Travel, Donated Travel, Detail Travel, and Limited Open Travel Authorization (LOTA) Travel. Customers of the Travel Program include but are not limited to the Tuscaloosa V AMC, Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System, Augusta VAMC, Dublin VAMC, Columbia VAHCS, Charleston VAMC, Birmingham VAMC, Atlanta VAHCS, VISN staff, and CBOCs.
Incumbent serves as Electronic Travel System (ETS) System Administrator and manages a variety of day-to-day activities related to the oversight and coordination of the employee travel program. Serves as Agency Organization Program Coordinator (A/OPC) for assigned station's travel card program. Serves as the point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a wide range of travel related matters and VA Financial Policies and Procedures. Transportation Assistants receive authority from Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), Office of Financial Policy, VA Directives, VA Central Office, and Educational Centers, granting employee travel.
Work Schedule: 8 AM to 430 PM
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Transportation Assistant/01776-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
2102 Transportation Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 03/10/2020.
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-7 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-6. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one-year time-in-grade.
Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
You may qualify based on your experience as described below:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-6 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of creditable specialized experience includes, but is not limited to: knowledge and application of an extensive body of transportation regulations, methods and operations (such as: Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), Office of Financial Policy, VA Directives, VA Central Office Directives, and Educational Centers Policies and Procedures) to perform a wide variety of interrelated or non-standard transportation procedures; knowledge of extensive and diverse governing entitlements for domestic or foreign travel is required of incumbent to advise on travel procedures, restrictions and allowances; knowledge of the web-based system ETS to create travel authorizations, process travel advances via EFT or Third-Party Draft, amend documents, build expense reports, manage reservations, generate reports and issue travel reimbursements; knowledgeable in the processing of Not to Exceed (NTE) Travel, Invitational Travel, Local Travel, Limited Open Travel Authorizations (LOTAs), Details, Donated Travel, and Alternate Station-Funded Travel; understanding of the FMS to include obligation and/or payment access, liquidation, addition or update of account information, modification of costing, payment inquiry, and retrieval of financial data from corresponding tables; knowledge of the Government Travel Charge Card Program to include statutory and regulatory authority, appropriate and inappropriate use, salary offset procedures and delinquent travel card accounts; working knowledge of accounting procedures to include FMS, RSD and Austin Automation; and the ability to operate several web-based programs including ETS and the Access Online System. Familiarity with computer programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. NOTE: This experience must be well documented in your resume or application package.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
- Technical Competence
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.