Bring your passion for change and out of the box thinking to help our team become the #1 Premium Chocolate Company in America.
In this role you will be responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining the training systems for Production, Maintenance and QA employees, as well as all level of Operations leadership. In addition, this position will play a vital role in implementing Lean Manufacturing and influencing a lean culture across the organization.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety,quality and food safety on all product lines.
Training System Development and Implementation
- Plan, execute, review, and at times, develop innovative training material, such as study guides, hands-on learning methods, Technical Training Room, and interactive experiences, to grow and develop the abilities of Production, Maintenance and QA employees at multiple levels in the organization.
- Implement skill gap assessments, i.e., skills matrices, evaluation checklists, or similar tools, and identify training needs through evaluation of these tools.
- Be responsible for Document Control for all Training Materials.
- Coordinate training content audits to ensure that training documents are current.
- Manage participation in, and compliance with, funding programs, such as State of California Employment Training Panel (ETP).
Train The Trainer Program Management
- Work closely with the Production Support team to develop and coach a team of trainers to evaluate new employees as part of Ghirardelli's Train The Trainer program.
- Recruit new Trainers from the Production floor.
- Perform Trainer Certification Workshops and Trainer Evaluations.
- Hold monthly development workshops for Bronze, Silver and Gold Level trainers.
- Lead the Training & Education Pillar with a focus on Lean Manufacturing, as part of our TPM implementation.
- Coach and mentor Continuous Improvement teams as part of the T&E Pillar.
- Use a Continuous Improvement approach in all activities, including all interactions with cross-functional team members, both on and off the Production floor.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong skills in communicating and influencing at all levels of the organization from hourly employees to VP level.
- Ability to develop and implement action plans and hold people accountable on deliverable.
- Ability to facilitate large groups.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, specifically in the food industry, preferred