Trade Sales Manager – North East Coast USA
30 Matthew Street, Suite 201
Goshen, New York, 10924
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles.
In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you.
Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
Due to an internal promotion and the continuing growth and development of our attractions and brands in the North American market, we are looking for a field based Trade Sales Manager to cover the NE Coast USA. You will join our Global Digital Trade team – part of the Merlin Digital family.
This is a field based role, reporting into the Strategic Account Sales Manager – NE Coast USA with direct ownership for up to 50 key strategic accounts.
This role will be responsible for driving central trade sales revenue, volume and yield to budget by developing direct sales growth through a portfolio of regionally specific trade accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering central trade volume, revenue and yield to budget for agreed attraction/territory remit.
- Developing territory sales plan with Head of Trade Sales and monitor and evaluate weekly, monthly and annual trade sales of their client portfolio.
- Liaising with the Head of Trade Sales to implement approved tactical sales activity to align accounts to budget expectations.
- Managing cost of sales and develop commercial efficiencies through effective pricing and commission negotiations
- Developing innovative routes to market through existing clients to support sales growth and development of account status.
- Reporting weekly sales activity to an agreed format on behalf of their strategic accounts to the Head of Sales, reflecting on particular wins and challenges and forecasting potential changes to deliverables.
- Acting as a conduit between the marketing function and the key clients ensuring all product and attraction information is delivered in an appropriate and timely way.
We are looking for the following skills and experience…
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level, you will a minimum 2+ sales account management experience.
- Proven ability to consistently manage and develop sales growth to an agreed budget.
- An excellent communicator and influencer, able to adapt style to different environments.
- Have a good commercial acumen and the ability to report with accuracy in business English.
- Budgeting and financial management experience. Proficiency in using Excel to create and update reports and work with large data sets.
- A data driven, proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and hit the ground running coupled with the ability to flex in adapting to fast-changing priorities and fast paced work environment.
- You thrive on ownership and accountability – and have a proven track record of acting on your own initiative to deliver growth and change.
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for sales.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet relevant time zones is also a key requirement.
- Experience in Tourism/ Leisure / entertainment would be advantageous as would a second language.
Great people, great perks! Alongside a fun and collaborative environment, with a competitive salary, you can enjoy our amazing benefits package, including a discretionary company bonus and of course a Merlin Magic Pass, which entitles you and your family and friends free admission to all our attractions worldwide.