Time and Leave Clerk Full-time Job4 months ago - Office Management - Palo Alto - 164 views
The Time and Leave Clerk for Nursing Service Employee Time and Attendance (ETA) is under the Program Management Section, Patient Care Service, at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System, He/she reports to the Supervisory Administrative Officer. ETA staff performs timekeeping duties for the following Nursing Services: Patient Care Service, Extended Care Nursing, Ambulatory Care Nursing, Specialty Care & Hospital Based Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, and Rehabilitative Nursing.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm or 7:30am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Telework: After 1 year of fully successful performance, if approved by Supervisor.
Position Description/PD#: Time and Leave Clerk/PD5779-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing Employee Time and Attendance for approximately 300 employees every 2 weeks .
- Transcribing complex employee tours of duty and days worked into the PAID system as well as difficult time card coding for all types of premium pay and various types of leave.
- Being knowledgeable of the ETA processing system, VA Leave Administration policies, including laws governing leave administration.
- Monitoring employee leave balances to assure negative balances do not occur.
- Selecting, rearranging, and consolidating data from a number of source documents based on instructions.
Job family (Series)
0544 Civilian Pay
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 03/09/2020.
- Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-5 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-4. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one-year time-in-grade.
Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
Selective Placement Factor:
- Type 40 words per minute
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as described below:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-4 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Able to effectively express information to multiple audiences through clear dissemination of information and ideas.
- Actively listens to others and demonstrates understanding of their comments and/or questions.
- Skilled in operating a typewriter, word processer, fax machine, electronic mail, Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, capable of duplicating spreadsheets for statistical information.
- Education: Applicants may substitute education for the required experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level you must have Four (4) full years above high school. (NOTE: TRANSCRIPT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION MATERIAL. CONFERRAL OF DEGREE(S) EARNED SHOULD BE PRESENT ON TRANSCRIPT(S). UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS OK).
- Combination: Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at this level. You must have an combination of specialized experience and education beyond the first 18 semester hours (beyond the first year). To combine education and experience, first determine how much of the qualifying experience and education you have, as a percentage of what is required for each. Add the percentages together, and if the total is 100% or more, then the combined education and experience is qualifying for the position. EXAMPLE: To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond the first 18 semester hours (i.e. beyond the first year) by 18. Add the two percentages together. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.] (NOTE: TRANSCRIPT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION MATERIAL. CONFERRAL OF DEGREE(S) EARNED SHOULD BE PRESENT ON TRANSCRIPT(S). UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS OK).
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Computer Skills