Come join our talented team of System Engineers at Cerner! You will be responsible for system implementations, support, monitoring and maintenance of Cerner’s solutions and services from around the world. You will perform daily system operations tasks and availability, hardware/OS upgrades, resource optimization,troubleshooting, and monitoring for applications and servers. Through your proactive management, you will be preventing client impact and performance degradation. You will also deploy physical and virtual servers, complete assigned incident management tasks, deploy setup and maintain testing environments and provide Tier III support. You’ll work alongside top technical experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term,meaningful career with Cerner.
Back to Description
Cerner Technical Jobs andCareers
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.