Supply Chain Analyst Intern At 3M Internship Job5 months ago - Transportation & Logistics - Cumberland - 186 views
3M is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst Intern for our Cumberland, WI manufacturing facility in summer 2020. Here, you go.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
Applications on this requisition are reviewed and filled on a rolling basis; it is in a candidate’s best interest to apply as soon as possible. Interested candidates should include a resume as partof their application.
The Supply Chain Analyst Intern’s role is to acquire general knowledge and understanding quickly and successfully by running a series of focused projects within the 3M manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing leadership on assigned projects, with mentoring, to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Project work may include scheduling optimization, changeover reduction, cycle time reduction, inventory optimization, service attainment improvements, business process redesign, recipe development, supply chain parameter maintenance, etc.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain or Operations Management from an accredited institution
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous or current internship or co-op intern experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain"non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals,lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in non immigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.