Summer Teacher (Kindergarten - Third Grade) Full-time Job5 months ago - Professional - Omaha - 130 views
As a teacher for the summer program at Gallup’s Child Development Center, you will be at the core of influencing the development of children. You’ll create an engaging and caring learning environment for children in kindergarten to third grade and build the nurturing relationships essential for children to thrive. Using a strengths-based approach to early education, you’ll learn about each child’s innate talents and initiate activities and curriculum based on what’s best for each child. From play-based classrooms to yoga classes and an indoor water room, our state-of-the-art child care facility offers something for every child. You’ll work with exceptional teachers and small class sizes in a culture that emphasizes development and purposeful work. If you’re passionate about having a meaningful effect on children's lives, join our community, and enrich your teaching career at Gallup!
Watch our video for a peek inside what makes the Child Development Center such a unique place to work!
Who we want
- Passionate educators dedicated to helping young children learn and grow every day in a strengths-based classroom setting
- Engaging teachers who bring out the best in every child by nurturing each one’s unique qualities
- Relationship builders who create positive, genuine connections with children, parents and other teachers
- Caring communicators whose insights help parents appreciate their child’s daily growth and development
- Trusted partners who enjoy collaborating with other teachers and parents to become a vital part of a child’s major developmental milestones
What you need
- Post-high school courses in education-related topics or experience with early childhood or elementary school-aged children
- Must be able to work from mid-May through early August, with availability Monday through Friday for flexible shifts between 7:30 a.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What we offer
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture
- Flexible work environment
- World-class leaders who support, empower and engage you
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Mission-driven work that influences our future generations
- Reduced child care rates
- The opportunity to be considered for a permanent position on the teaching team
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Our strength is understanding people and what matters most to them in their job and their life. That strength allows us to create transformation in the workplace and marketplace. Through the study of human nature, we change the world a little to a lot every day.