Student Involvement and Leadership Program Coordinator, Southern Utah University
Location: Cedar City, UT
Job type: Permanent
Salary: $42000-44000 per year
Excellent BenefitsApply Now
The Student Involvement and Leadership Coordinator are responsible for helping students at SUU attain a sense of belonging on campus that generates within them a desire to finish their degree at Southern Utah University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, train, and mentor Involvement Captain President/Directors.
- Supervise, train, and mentor SUUSA Marketing team.
- Oversee the marketing campaigns for spring, summer, and fall registration.
- Oversee the SUU app, and keep it updated with relevant information.
- Hire, train, and supervise a group of hourly graphic designers.
- Oversee large marketing campaigns for Welcome Week, Homecoming, The Scream, Welcome Back Week, Founders Week, Elections, Casino Night, Sun Fest, and more.
- Oversee the growth and development of the Involvement Captain program, which includes creating leadership development and trainings for all student leaders within Student Involvement and Leadership.
- Oversee the training, support, and overall structure of the Independent Student Clubs on campus (ISC).
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. support large campus programming like Thunder U, Spring Orientation, The Scream, Homecoming, etc., collecting and analyzing student data, planning and executing team socials and retreats, supporting STIL programming (i.e. friendsgiving, Pancake Breakfast, Thunderbird Awards, etc.).
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred for Student Involvement and Leadership Program Coordinator.
- Experience in student programming, and/or student organization advising.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff and administrative personnel.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality in records and communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills.
See Also: Optometrist – Student Loan Repayment
Southern Utah University Goal:
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable