Student Intern, San Bernardino County · San Bernardino County, CA (on-site)
10,001+ employees ·
Throughout San Bernardino County, CA
- Job Type
Temporary or Extra-Help, internship
- Job Number
Registrar of Voters
- Opening Date
- Closing Date
11/10/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
About the job
Earn $20 per hour while learning!
The Registrar of Voters has an exciting opportunity for a students as a intern, who is looking to learn what it takes to be a Media Specialist with San Bernardino County. The intern will assist with creating and managing content for a variety of social media platforms, write and editing brochures, newsletters, news releases, press releases, promotional materials for internal and external publication and help to organize, coordinate, and oversee ROV’s outreach projects and programs to provide the public with information to promote the organization’s events and activities.
About The Department:
The San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters is responsible for all aspects of the election process for the county’s residents.
- The Registrar of Voters administers all local, state, and federal elections in the County of San Bernardino, including the management of voting systems, the employment and training of poll workers, election ballot processing, and vote tallying.
- The Registrar of Voters performs all voter registration functions, including the storage and maintenance of voter registration records; and provides voting-related services to voters, elected officials, campaign groups, and other voting interests.
- The Registrar of Voters also conducts an extensive community outreach and education program making speakers available to community groups and organizations.
Conducting elections is both exciting and challenging. Attention to detail is critical and working as a team is vital to accomplishing successful elections. Permanent staff, temporary staff, and volunteers assist in the variety of complex tasks required to conduct elections. The Registrar of Voters believes that a successful team is a partnership – one that contains the following elements:
- Clear roles and responsibilities
- Shared goals and objectives
- Commitment to excellence
- A clear communication process
- A willingness to be open and honest
- A willingness to compromise
- Personal accountability
- Personal integrity
Conditions Of Employment
Applicants selected for these positions must pass a background investigation, drug test, verification of employment history and education.
Enrollment at the senior level (Bachelor’s Degree) or graduate student in Business or Public Administration, Political Science, Public Relations/Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a closely related field.
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook is highly desired. Bilingual is a plus.
Selection Process for Student Intern:
Requisition Procedure: Please complete and submit the online employment application of students Intern as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time once the first 60 applications have been received. Applications and Resumes will be sent to the department for selection.
If you require technical assistance,
- please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide ,
- contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.
- For further Information: HomePage
Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
EEO/ADA: San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
ADA Accommodation: If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
Veterans’ Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans’ Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran’s Preference points.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
About the company
San Bernardino County is a diverse public service organization serving America’s largest county that for two consecutive years has led the nation in awards for innovation, efficiency, and outstanding public service. We are governed by an elected Board of Supervisors and dedicated to creating a community where nearly 2.2 million residents can prosper and achieve well-being in fulfillment of the Countywide Vision. It comprises 42 departments and agencies, which are staffed by more than 22,000 public service professionals who provide a wide range of vital services in the areas of public safety, health care, social services, economic and community development and revitalization, fiscal services, infrastructure, recreation and culture, and internal support. San Bernardino County’s organizational culture is defined by the four pillars of value, innovation, service, and vision
How to Apply:
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email or Create your account and confirm your email ID
- Upload your resume