STAFF ASSISTANT Full-time Job1 month ago - Banking - Phoenix - 96 views
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT DOES A STAFF ASSISTANT DO? A Staff Assistant serves as a staff advisor and liaison between management and appropriate support functions on all matters pertaining to administrative and management issues. They participate in planning and coordinating programs, projects, or processes which impact functional customers in the areas of recruitment, human resources technology, facilities, financial management and security.
What is The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Division? The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) advises IRS senior leadership on diversity and inclusion matters, and EEO policy. EDI helps coordinate cross functional efforts to ensure a diverse and inclusive IRS workforce that is free from discrimination and harassment.
As a Staff Assistant you will:
- Manage internal administrative assignments. Monitor activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness.
- Review responses, reports, and memoranda to develop consolidated responses on behalf of the organization.
- Perform special studies and research projects or assignments, which require confidentiality and application of expertise and mature judgment.
- Assess the need for and establish and/or adapt administrative procedures and practices to be used in highly unusual situations requiring deviation from standard administrative procedures.
- Keep the supervisor advised of developments and progress concerning problems and follow up with the responsible official to expedite necessary action and final settlement of the issues.
- Personally review all important incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinating routing and the control of notes and suggestions concerning the subject matter involved before referral to the supervisor.
- Advise manager on required personnel actions, performs delegated duties as assigned, supports and manages multiple administrative processes.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Travel Nights per Month
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Current/former Federal employees must have held a Career/Career Cond Appt
Land Management Eligibles must provide all required documentation to verify eligibility, prior performance, and qualifications for the target position. You can find information on the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and eligibility HERE. Land Management Eligibles must compete under competitive merit promotion procedures and meet all applicable requirements as such (time-in-grade restrictions do not apply).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
In addition to the above, you must meet the requirements described below:
GS-09 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: participating in planning and coordinating programs, projects or processes which impact customers; managing administrative assignments; monitors activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness; reviewing responses, reports and memoranda to develop consolidated responses on behalf of the organization; experience using analytical techniques to perform analyses of data and information and to recommend appropriate courses of action and implementing new procedures using a knowledge of administrative policy and procedures. OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: A master's or equivalent graduate degree in any field of study. OR
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a graduate degree in any field of study. OR L.L.B or J.D., if related.