Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Design and develop a series of programs in accordance with a defined system design; perform as a key participant in integration, system testing, training, and implementation activities. Develop systems and program specifications for programmers and outside consultants when applicable.
- Perform program design, coding, testing, development and documentation activities of multiple inter-related programs of elevated complexity according to specifications, standards and highly complex system requirements in order to accomplish ideal business functions. Assume roles of increasing responsibility in defining information system requirements and system design.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives; determine valuable modifications to the program and execute improvements in order to achieve exceptional system efficiency. Responsible for drafting and revising as necessary Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs).
- Participate in integration, training and implementation activities.
- Develop technical specifications, project plans, development approaches and time requirements for average to large size projects or packaged software implementation under broad supervision.
- Perform additional project leadership, tracking and control activities for assigned projects; report status updates accurately and assure that direct supervisor is made aware of all problems or potential problem situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Refine and update technical/business skills and experience through work assignments, advanced technical/business training and attending professional/business industry conferences.
- Full Stack Developers will integrate user-facing elements.
- Full Stack Developers will design and implement data storage solutions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership, including but not limited to, assuming responsibility for more junior programming team members under broad guidance of the project supervisor.
- Skills: Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities appropriately. Must be able to multi-task. Must be able to collaborate with others.
- Education: Bachelors in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Eight (8) years programming experience required. Experience with RPG required for Software Application Developers. Experience with Java, .NET, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Python and/or PHP required for Full Stack Developers.