At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Small Business Banking team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with passion and drive to provide comprehensive financial solutions to our small business clients. You’ll be empowered to deliver the full spectrum of business and personal financial solutions to meet our clients’ needs and help make their financial lives better.
As part of the Bank of America team, small business bankers (SBBs) have access to industry-leading products and services, award-winning platforms and client education – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. SBBs partner closely with financial center employees as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care.
Our comprehensive education program will help you get the necessary training and guidance along a defined path to become the banker you want to be. You’ll start building the relationships that can shape your career and be exposed to the products, platforms and tools you need to serve clients.
We’ll help you
- Get training and one-on-one mentorship from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll enroll in our Small Business Academy to develop as a banker.
- Build a quality external network of business relationships within your small business banking community.
- Leverage the power of our company by working closely with internal partners to deliver an integrated and seamless Bank of America experience for clients.
- Provide end-to-end comprehensive guidance and solutions to small business clients by uncovering their life priorities and matching them with financial solutions.
- Deliver client presentations with confidence, including in-depth credit analysis to recommend appropriate credit option strategies to help small business clients achieve their goals.
- Stay abreast of changing business trends that impact the Small Business segment and translate those trends into business opportunities.
As a small business banker, you can look forward to
- Unlimited potential for financial growth.
- Growing your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. You’ll interact with banking clients and small business owners alike. You’ll also tap into a range of experts, from lending officers to financial solutions advisors.
- Robust marketing support to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
- Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
- Providing small business related guidance to financial center employees through huddles and team meetings.
You’rea person who (required skills)
- Has proven success in consultative outside sales in financial services, business-to-business sales or small business banking.
- Is passionate about outside sales and enjoys spending time prospecting.
- Wants to enhance existing relationships and exceed sales goals.
- Is able to analyze financial conditions of clients and industry trends.
- Can understand and interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis.
- Has excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Enjoys partnering and negotiating with a team of bank employees to solve client issues.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Demonstrated management of an extensive client portfolio with annual revenues of $500k-$5 million.
- Thorough knowledge of small business financial products and services.
- Community leadership.
- Familiarity with sales force automation (Salesforce.com/ACT).
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
- An ability to demonstrate examples of improving specific businesses financial outcomes by interpreting financial statements and recommending specific levers.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics or 7+ years of relevant work experience.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: