Shopping and Products Writer Full-time Job6 days ago - Independent & Freelance - New York City - 72 views
BuzzFeed is looking for a shopping- and products-focused Writer for a full-time position in our New York office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a shopping-and lifestyle-minded audience.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related content. They will help our audience discover great products through fun and informative formats, from thoughtful and in-depth product reviews to themed roundups to videos. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience
- Write shareable, unique product roundups and shopping content (approximately 3 posts/week) as well as some other lifestyle content in the food, health, parenting, style or travel space as needed.
- Actively participate in team brainstorms
- Discover and tackle viral product trends and deals on the internet, especially from Amazon, and wherever else people are buying things these days
- Implement best practices into posts, especially around diverse and inclusive content
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics
- Previous experience/internship at a magazine or website, or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
- Understanding of data-based content ideation
- Create a profile on BuzzFeed ( http://www.buzzfeed.com/signup ) and draft a couple of shopping roundups or short product reviews that show off your internet chops, writing prowess, and how well you get the BuzzFeed voice and style (For examples, see here ( http://www.buzzfeed.com/shopping ).) Do not publish the posts (or they might get deleted by the system). Please include a link to your BuzzFeed profile in your cover letter.
If this position isn't an ideal fit, but you're interested in an editorial role at BuzzFeed in the Commerce or Lifestyle space, please send us your resume! Our team is growing and we may have other Writer/Editor opportunities that could be a fit. If we sense a potential match, our team will reach out with the next steps.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.