Shipping & Receiving Clerk, Aerospace Welding, Inc
Location: Eagan, MN
Job type: Permanent
Time type: Full-time
Category: Shipping and ReceivingApply Now
Hartzell Aerospace Welding Company Background
Hartzell Aerospace Welding consists of two Minnesota-grown businesses under one roof, Aerospace Welding Minneapolis, Inc. (AWI) and Aerospace Manufacturing, Inc. (AMI). As part of the Hartzell Aviation Family of Brands, we share a unified core value: Built on Honor. Our brand promise and guiding philosophy, Built on Honor reflects a collective commitment to uphold the highest standards in quality, performance, and support. Built on Honor is integral to everything we do, because aviation isn’t just our industry — it’s our community, our family, and our legacy.
AWI is an industry leader in welding, bending, and fabricating sheet metal and tubing, as well as the manufacturing, repair, and overhaul of piston aircraft exhaust and engine mounts.
AMI specializes in machining and welding, with a focus on bending and welding tube assemblies for jet engines and airframes. AMI also handles metal details for AWI’s exhaust and engine mount business.
Hartzell Aerospace Welding is searching for a talented Shipping & Receiving Clerk to join our team.
Key Expected Deliverables from the position
1) Identify and take action upon opportunities to implement process and efficiency improvements
2) Ensure accurate and timely shipments to Hartzell Aerospace Welding customers by managing the day to day workload of the department.
3) Manage relationships with freight companies and negotiate rates on behalf of Hartzell
4) Collaborate with others in the organization to accomplish company goals and to maintain customer satisfaction
5) Develop full knowledge and understanding of U.S. export regulations and Hartzell’s export compliance program.
1) Coordinate the day-to-day workload of the shipping department
2) Prepare shipments for all Hartzell departments in accordance with customer requirements, applicable regulations, and carrier requirements, including:
- Domestic and international courier shipments (Fedex/UPS).
- LTL carrier shipments (Roadway, ABF, etc)
- Export shipments via freight forwarders
- Shipments requiring specialized documentation i.e.: dangerous goods shipments, licensed shipments, carnets, etc.
3) Process shipments in Hartzell’s customer order management system
4) Process FAA documentation
5) Communicate with carriers and schedule shipments
6) Coordinate special packaging if required
7) Prepare reports for internal and external customers as required
8) Negotiate freight claims and represent the interests of Hartzell and Hartzell customers for reimbursement
9) Assist in product classification in accordance with appropriate regulations (NMFC, EAR, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree in Business or a related field preferred
- 2 -3 years related experience and training
- Certification to ship dangerous goods preferred
1) Knowledge of and ability to comply with regulatory requirements as they apply to shipment of Hartzell product
- Export regulations (including EAR, ITAR, FTR)
- FAA regulations
- DOT and NMFC – classification of goods
- OSHA (MSDS) – as required for dangerous goods shipments
2) Knowledge of shipping-specific software and forms
3) Understanding of documentation required for shipments
4) Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external customers
5) Basic knowledge of Hartzell product required to determine shipment methods and
6) Proficient Computer Skills (MS-Office, Internet)
7) Accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
8) Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
1) Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
2) Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
3) Manages Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
4) Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Company Position Information:
Job Type: Full Time | Monday to Friday | First Shift
Work Location: Eagan, MN
For further Information: Aerospace Welding, Inc
o Full Time employees are eligible beginning Day 1
o Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Life Insurance, EAP and more!
Hartzell Aerospace Welding is an EEO/AA/E-Verify Employer
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable