Security Agent Needed At Pinkerton Full-time Job8 months ago - Security & Safety - Hillsboro - 180 views
In accordance with post orders and site access control policies, the Security Agent greets and processes all incoming employees, visitors, and vendors into the client lobby. The Agent will respond to emergencies, provide concierge services, and must be familiar with all aspects of the local community including geography, directions, and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and provide alternative recommendations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Control access to the client lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat intelligence.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a concealed firearm.
Associate degree preferred with two or more years of concierge-level security services experience. Current Oregon CCW and armed DPSST license are required.
- Current Oregon CCW and armed DPSST license.
- Concierge-level security services experience.
- Communication skills including; interpersonal, written, radio, cellphone, email, and text.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, and alarm monitoring.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community including; geography, amenities, and services.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.