Retail Banker - Mattoon-038776
The Retail Banker is responsible for the growth of consumer and business customer relationships, while delivering the Wood forest Experience to every customer,every day, every time.
- Achieve individual sales by proactively identifying, marketing, and recommending bank products and services beneficial to the customer.
- Must be a “Keeper of the Woodforest Culture” and possess the ability to create energy around Retail objectives and initiatives.
- Enhance customer experience and the reputation of the Bank by warmly and sincerely greeting, engaging, and developing relationships with customers, community members, and retail partners.
- Embrace a technology driven customer experience.
- Ability to explain complex solutions in a simple to understand way.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit operational excellence through diligent adherence to policies and procedures.
Practice branch security procedures and protect customer confidentiality and privacy.
- Perform branch servicing duties such as paying and receiving, cash and vault balancing, ordering cash, cards, reports, audits, control checks, maintaining and servicing automated teller machines, as well as cleaning work areas.
Open and perform account maintenance on depository accounts andloans.
- Demonstrate ownership in the resolution of customer inquiries and/or concerns at the frontline or by appropriately engaging with internal resources.
- Must be proactive when seeking business outside of the branch.
- Must be open to direct coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet business needs; demonstrated reliability.
- Demonstrate a passion for taking care of people by exhibiting effective problem-solving abilities, the ability to maintain composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with customers as well as internal team members.
- Knowledge of/or ability to quickly learn products, services, policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, as well as engaging in a sales and service process.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, follow directions, and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand instructions, forms, applications, and be familiar with financial statements and credit reports.
- 1 year of relevant and transferrable sales and/or customer service experience
- OR an equivalent amount of directly related college education or volunteer service.
- Previous in store banking experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be positive and engaging.
Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Up to 25% or more outside of branch or as needed by customer.
- Conditions include standing most of the time, may involve walking, moving, bending, stooping or sitting for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying items up to 30 lbs.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Job: Branch Banking
Primary Location: Illinois-Mattoon
Work Locations: IL - Mattoon WM 101 Dettro Dr Mattoon 61938
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Organization: WOOD FORESTNATIONAL BANK