Research and Content Writer, Marketing· Bideford · Hybrid (REMOTE)
- Temporary – fixed, 12-month contract
- 09:00–17:30, Monday–Friday (37.5 hours)
- Fully remote, Bideford
- Hybrid Remote
What will you be doing?
As our Research and Content Writer, you’ll work alongside the rest of our Content team to produce high-quality content across all our brands.
You’ll research industry-related topics and write clear and engaging marketing copy to promote our properties and the locations in which they are found.
You’ll source inspiring visual assets to support your written content, have an eye for detail, and excellent proofreading skills – ultimately, you’ll deliver quality pieces of content to appeal to our audiences, attract new customers and build brand awareness
The sorts of things you’ll be doing include:
- Writing and producing high-quality content – both long and short-form copy, online and offline, to enrich our websites and marketing materials as well as servicing the wider business needs
- Researching thoroughly and accurately to ensure everything published is correct and original
- Familiarising yourself with all our brands and their relevant styles and tones of voice so that you can write accordingly
- Proofing, editing, and restructuring content from colleagues as well as providing consistent feedback to ensure it adheres to best practice
- Working closely with the SEO team to ensure the content produced makes best use of keywords
- Using analytics tools to monitor the performance of content created by you/the team.
What are we looking for?
We know that the perfect candidate who ticks every box doesn’t exist, so if you’re excited by the role and can do most of the below – please get in touch. You could be exactly what we need!
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who possesses:
- Excellent proofreading skills with fine attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- The ability to assimilate and communicate in a wide variety of tones of voice and writing styles to suit our various brands and audiences
- Exceptional time management: able to work to rigid deadlines
- Previous experience using Content Management Systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team
- The ability to give constructive feedback to colleagues
- Flexibility and creativity
- A good understanding of SEO best practice
We prioritise the wellbeing of our team. In addition to joining a rapidly growing company with a positive culture and ample employee development prospects, we offer competitive salaries and an array of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ paid holidays plus bank holidays
- A dedicated day off for your birthday or your loved ones
- £500 contribution towards a holiday of your choice
- A paid day to engage in charitable work
- Friends and family discount scheme
- Life assurance for peace of mind
- Diverse social clubs, ranging from pet lovers to fitness enthusiasts
- Exciting social events, including our renowned Christmas parties!
Who are we?
We’re Travel Chapter – the holiday home people – and we’re on a mission to showcase great places to stay in the UK. While we’ve grown over the years from a small South West holiday letting agency to one of the market leaders in the industry, we’ve never lost sight of our strong family ethos and we keep the same values at the heart of everything we do. Along the way, we’ve nurtured a caring and collaborative culture that drives us forward and keeps our team inspired and motivated every day.
The people behind our company are at the heart of everything we do and it’s a place where everyone is welcome; a place that’s friendly and fair; a place that encourages people to be bold, explore new ideas and push the boundaries of what they do every single day.
We are passionate about what we do and we take a common-sense approach to getting things done. Inevitably, things go wrong from time to time, and we do everything we can to make it right. We learn from it and adapt, remembering to stay curious and never stop evolving.
Diversity is key to our success, and we work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best – we’ll be happy to help.
How to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable
Research and Content Writer