Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time, 36 hours per week, Registered Nurse to work from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. for our Crisis Residential Unit at our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct physical health screening to ensure consumers are medically appropriate for admission to the Crisis Stabilization and Residential Units.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork, according to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to: progress notes, opening paperwork, mental health assessments, treatment plans, applications for patient assistance programs, medication side-effect sheets, all medical/nursing forms and incident reports related to injuries or other unusual, adverse incidents.
- Review medical records to ensure all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Complete services, including but not limited to medication administration, monitoring, training and case management services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings when requested, making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated. Report any significant changes in the consumer’s physical status.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist in transportation of Crisis/Detox patients to clinic appointments, 702 assessments, hospital, and other special meetings/activities/appointments.
- Administer, evaluate and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Promote and provide medical teaching from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, using trauma-informed care by assisting consumers with requiring control over their own lives through self-directed recovery.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to consumers in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Conduct all of the above functions in the treatment modality and location most appropriate to the provision of quality and continuity of care.
- Maintain an inventory of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Facilitate health education groups for consumers.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Mental Health Code and Confidentiality Act and its application to consumer services.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois and five (5) years’ post license experience.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacology of commonly prescribed medicines and drugs and their therapeutic levels and possible adverse reactions.
- Requires the ability to evaluate client condition and behavior and prepare accurate detailed records.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, vision and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience. EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled