Records Room Coordinator Full-time Job3 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Chantilly - 145 views
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Report to the Records Manager.
- Provide support to the Records Manager for the completion of the daily basic responsibilities of the file room and ensures all tasks are completed quickly and accurately.
- Provide mentoring, training and guidance to lower level staff.
- Perform normal file room activities: receiving packages, manifest reconciliation, sorting & staging, filing, check out/in envelopes, purging, & shredding as needed or directed by the Records Manager.
- Perform higher level activities such as processing releases, attachments and terminations in order to be a back-up for specialized team members when they are unavailable.
- Assists in managing the day to day activities for staff in a file room for large, complex program.
- Assists in meeting or exceeding contractual requirement for records retention.
- Answer questions and provide guidance to file room staff when the Records Manager is otherwise engaged (15 to 20 staff at any given time).
- Assists in tracking metrics around the file room employee’s performance.
- Assists in establishing requirements for the database development team in order for the electronic file tracking/retention solution (iPortal) to improve contractual compliance. Perform user acceptance testing for all changes/upgrades to iPortal.
- Recommends process improvement to ensure high quality, timely and cost-effective methods are utilized.
- May assist in tracking metrics for lower level staff’s monthly accomplishments.
- Coordinates with team members to ensure all file room tasks and responsibilities have proper coverage and are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs moderately complex research and assists team members with various file room related issues.
- Train new team members on file room processes and ensure that all team members are following proper protocols.
- Work with other departments to ensure their needs are met.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Position requires a favorable DCSA clearance.
- University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year progressive, demonstrated experience in file room operations.
- Understanding of basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and track long term projects.
- Advanced knowledge in excel, DCSA contractual requirements & general file room activities.
- Subject matter expertise in internal tools such as iPortal and iSTAR.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.