Records Clerk - Clerk of Courts Full-time Job4 weeks ago - Office Management - Woodbury - 63 views
To assist in office operations in criminal case preparation, data entry and filing.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. File legal documents that relate to misdemeanor, criminal traffic and felony cases.
2. Enter data from criminal e-filed and paper documents into the CCAP system.
3. Create new misdemeanor and felony case files.
4. Support the traffic clerk in all aspects as needed. This may include receipting, court forms, court calendars and assisting customers.
5. Act as back up to the Information Clerk, open and distribute mail to appropriate staff, bundle and take outgoing mail to the County Clerk’s Office and answer telephone.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Assist general public with questions, record searches, etc., in a pleasant professional manner, in person and by phone.
2. Answer main telephone line promptly and courteously, and relay messages or calls to the appropriate staff member.
3. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
4. Other duties as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS
High school graduate or the equivalent. Three (3) years legal secretarial, clerical or office experience. Typing skills of 45 wpm are required. Ability to operate a personal computer and software (Word), as well as perform data entry on a computer record system, and be able to learn any upgrades and changes that may occur. Basic, everyday living skills are needed, as is the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions (i.e., State Statutes, court documents, computer records), explain and apply legal concepts and terminology. Reading, writing, adding, and subtracting is needed for performing the essential functions of the position.
Basic office equipment is used – telephone, copy machine, computer terminal and printer, desktop scanner, fax machine.