Receptionist Full-time Job1 week ago - Sales & Services - Los Angeles - 69 views
Why work for us?
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
WORK AREA: Downtown Los Angeles
START DATE: ASAP
STATUS: Non-exempt, full-time
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan 403B, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending- Health and Commuter Plans, Sick Leave and Vacation pay
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Receptionist is the first face a guest in our office sees – and it should be a positive one! We treat every visitor to our office with respect – we want each person to feel valued and seen. Our office is fun, friendly and fast-paced, where every day is different. Therefore, we need someone who is flexible and can adjust to changes quickly and calmly. We work with underserved populations such as the homeless and re-entry populations so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working with different groups of people whose backgrounds may differ from their own. There is a heavy call volume and a steady flow of visitors to our office. The ability to multi-task and work with interruptions is required.
- Provides a warm and professional welcome for a diverse set of clients, partners, and vendors.
- Ensures that the reception area and elevator lobby are always clean and uncluttered.
- Accepts in-person rent payments from clients, writes out receipts, and secures payments in appropriate location.
- Assists clients who want to file a grievance and de-escalates situations as needed.
- Routes clients, partners, candidates, and vendors to the appropriate staff over the phone or in person.
- Problem solves to determine the best person to field the call. Also, answers general inquiries regarding our programs.
- Collects mail and distributes to appropriate program personnel.
- Maintains the employee contact list.
- Orders supplies for the kitchen, conference room and supply areas and ensures these areas are clean and well-stocked.
- Takes notes and coordinates meetings, as needed.
- Maintains visitor log, call log, and incident report log.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager or HR and Engagement Manager as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision after the first 90 days.
- You are passionate about the work we do. For you, this is not just about the paycheck. Our mission is truly inspiring and energizing to you.
- You’re a collaboration superstar and people person. You thrive in a collaborative environment. You contribute to powerful, positive, fun, productive teams and invest in relationships. You can talk to just about anybody. You enjoy providing great customer service.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Previous Reception or front desk experience with both in-person or over the phone client interactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with a diverse population. In this position, you will have direct exposure to high-need clients.
- Ability to remain calm and retain a sense of humor under stress.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to have difficult conversations.
- Positive outlook and initiative to help out where needed.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills and awareness of critical deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task projects under deadline pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other typical office software programs. Comfortable with other computer software and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High volume reception experience
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish
- Prior experience working with underserved populations
- Crisis management or conflict resolution experience
Why work for Brilliant Corners?
Financial & Retirement
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement Plan with 5% match
- Employee Referral Bonus
Vacation & Time Off
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Long List of Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical Insurance – 100% Covered
- Dental/Vision/Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Job Training
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
Family & Parenting
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Family Medical Leave
Other Perks + Discounts
- Company Social Events
- Wellness Initiatives
- Gym Membership Discount
Brilliant Corners is committed to the implementation of an Affirmative Action Policy and the Americans with Disability Policy in its recruitment selection and placement of all personnel and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.