Real Estate 2020 Spring Internship At BerlinRosen Internship Job6 months ago - Real Estate - New York City - 170 views
Named the number one most powerful PR firm in the country by the Observer,BerlinRosen delivers high-impact media relations, digital strategy, and creative services to top companies, organizations, and candidates across the United States. The firm takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, with strategies honed on the campaign trail and at the center of national movements. BerlinRosen doesn''t just narrate events – we shape narratives and promote thought leaders that make change. BerlinRosen knows how to create a drumbeat of content and news stories that frame a conversation, drive a message, and create new constituencies of engaged, active stakeholders.
ABOUT THE NEW YORK PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPRING INTERNSHIP
Our Real Estate practice helps visionary companies in real estate,transportation, infrastructure, hospitality, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities. We are looking for interns who are strong writers and skilled researchers, interested in learning about this industry and contributing to our success. Some of our most notable clients include the TWA Hotel, OneVanderbilt, Brookfield, SL Green, Lyft Bikes and Scooters, and Common.
Our 2020 Spring Internship Program runs from January 6th, 2020 to May 29th,2020.
Interns will be assigned to work with the Real Estate Team, but may collaborate with other divisions as needed. Interns will be asked to focus on a range of projects, including longer-term and day-to-day/immediate tasks assigned by their team.
This team focuses on clients in the New York area and expanding nationally.Interns' responsibilities will include building press lists, gathering media clips, doing media analysis and research projects, pitch calls to reporters,copy-editing and writing press releases.
These positions are based in New York City.
Applicants should possess the following characteristics:
- Diligent work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing abilities: able to write clear and persuasive copy, quickly
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Fearlessness – not afraid to pick up the phone and call a reporter
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to multi-task, balance competing priorities
- Willingness to hustle and pitch in where necessary
- Demonstrated interest in news, politics and current events
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong social media skills a plus
- Research skills on search engines like Lexis Nexis and database skills are a plus for work on media database Cision
- A sense of humor!
- 40 hours per week: Interns must be able to work 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday, on a roughly 9-to-5 schedule. Do not apply if you cannot meet this basic requirement.
- Compensation: $15 / hour
- Perks: 3 days of PTO for the duration of the internship and access to special intern programs
If you are interested in multiple teams or issues please state that in your cover letter and we will take it into consideration. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will contact applicants directly with requests for interviews. Please do not call to check on the status of your application. Please note, if hired, you may be assigned to a different team than your first preference.
BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.