Quality Analyst at Plastipak Full-time Job2 months ago - Sales & Services - Plymouth - 111 views
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a motivated, driven individual who is looking to accelerate their career growth within the largest privately-held rigid plastics manufacturer in North America. In this role, you will have the opportunity to travel to our sites across the nation, gaining exposure to our entire end-to-end, innovative manufacturing processes and technologies.Strong research, problem solving ability, interpersonal and relationship building skills are the essential foundation for success in this role, as you will be expected to ensure quality for our customers.
- Collaborate with R&D to evaluate developmental packages, recommend specifications, and conduct design reviews
- Present insights from data, statistics, and measures relating to bottle performance.
- Ensure products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with manufacturing sites to improve product quality by evaluating process capability and analyzing key process variables (Onsite presence for any new manufacturing lines or product molds.)
- Develop and monitor inspection and test plans for products.
- Interact with customers to discuss quality concerns and other issues
- Drive culture of quality awareness and improvement.
- Understand and test the package’s impact on food safety (when applicable).
- Four year degree required, Packaging Engineer, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 0- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing Lean Sigma tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Must be proactive and take initiative.
- Must have clear, concise communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
- Referral bonus program