Property Office Specialist Full-time Job1 month ago - Real Estate - Cheyenne - 92 views
Under direct supervision, performs various property tax functions and administrative activities for the Laramie County Property Tax Department.
Essential Job Functions
Essential function, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
- Processes ad valorem tax payments and mobile machinery payments
- Processes mobile home movement applications; issues tax status for mobile home title changes.
- Identifies and records assigned County revenues; calculates and prints land redemptions; processes miscellaneous receipts.
- Researches unpaid taxes; sends notifications of taxes owing to current property owners.
- Performs cash handling duties including processing cash, check and credit card payments.
- Answers the telephone; provides the public with general information regarding County and departmental policies and procedures; refers inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- As required, drafts correspondence to customers for tax payments that cannot be processed.
- Assists with calculating and collecting delinquent taxes in accordance with Wyoming State statutes.
- Provides assistance with annual tax activities; assists with tax activities including registering patrons for the tax sale, collecting money for taxes sold, sorting and preparing tax sale worksheets, and notifying Certificate of Purchase Holders of subsequent taxes owing.
- Processes and sorts departmental mail including tax bills and postcards.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of property tax services and activities.
- Knowledge of tax laws, rules and standards in relation to property tax collection.
- Knowledge of county tax liens and land redemptions.
- Knowledge of application processes in relation to mobile home movement.
- Knowledge of annual tax sales.
- Skill in performing tax functions and activities.
- Skill in acting as a general information source in relation to property tax questions.
- Skill in researching and notifying tax payers regarding unpaid taxes.
- Skill in drafting general correspondence.
- Skill in processing and sorting departmental mail.
High School Diploma or equivalent; AND one (1) year customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be bondable.
Laramie County Government
310 W 19th St, Suite 320
Cheyenne, Wyoming, 82001