Program Manager Needed At Johnson Matthey Full-time Job7 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Taylor - 165 views
The principal responsibility of this position is to drive customer launch efforts,both internally and externally, to ensure customer requirements and expectations are achieved for successful product launches. This position serves as a key interface between Johnson Mat they and our customers and is responsible for communication of technical and sample information between Johnson Matthey and the customer. This includes supporting current and future production programs, determining market needs, evaluating competitive threats. This position serves a key role in making recommendations on technical issues. This position has supervisory responsibility.
- Champion the activities related to introduction of products from early samples and quotation process through SOP for successful program launches
- Responsible for APQP activities and to ensure that new products are introduced into JM manufacturing locations efficiently, ensuring that all performance targets, deadlines, milestones, processes and requirements (both customer and JM) are met.
- Team responsibilities include samples delivery, risk management/escalation, issue resolution, timeline/project management, manufacturing readiness, APQP task completion, driving specification/customer requirement discussions, and prioritizing tasks needed to fulfil customer requirements
- Develop, maintain, and communicate project plans to ensure all launch activities are completed and program milestones are met.
- Facilitate decision-making, including the development of action plans where projects are assessed as high risk to the business.
- Provide commercial and technical input as needed to successfully meet manufacturing, logistical, and quality requirements.
- Interface directly with customers to enhance communication and clarity to achieve successful product launches and continually improve business relationships.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key customer contacts in various functions and organizational levels and understands the business and program objectives for targeted customers.
- Based on relationships and understanding of customers/market, influences customers to develop products that create value for both JM and the customer. Provide guidance and expertise to best position Johnson Matthey for success with customers.
- Work closely with Technology and Account Managers to support the planning and development of future catalyst generations to drive the right NPI projects forward.
- Coordinate technical activities with customers to gain technical approval of JM catalysts for targeted applications.
- Stay current with developments in catalyst and systems technology at customers and Johnson Matthey.
- Support of existing products for warranty issues
- This position also interacts with substrate and exhaust manufacturers to enhance JM’s influence throughout the supply chain and facilitate the introduction of new products.
- Comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Eight plus years of commercial, technical, or operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical fields such as mechanical and chemical engineering
- Excellent project leadership with ability to manage large, complex, and long-term projects
- Professional Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2, APM or PMI)
- Ability to communicate and interact at various levels both internally and externally.
- Must be able to develop and deliver presentations to Customer and JM senior management.
- Expert in knowledge of TS16949 and APQP processes
- Expert in problem solving and continual improvement processes, including 6 Sigma tools. Ability to conduct root cause analyses (e.g. 8D, 4CP)
- Proven IT skills using software packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Minitab
- Resource supervision – planning and organizing people and resources
- Experience in implementing multi-regional projects