Park Guide Needed Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Sales & Services - Greeneville - 100 views
This position is located in Andrew Johnson National Historic Site, in the Interpretation Division.
Career-Seasonal appointments are permanent positions and include the same benefits as Career appointments, but do not provide work on a year-round basis. You will work from approximately March thru October, and you will be in a non-pay status for the remainder of the year.
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 03/06/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
The Park Guide provides front line information and interpretive services for visitors in the daily operation of the site. Incumbent performs a variety of duties related to the effective interpretation of the park and to the operation of the facilities within the Historic Site. The incumbent provides support to interpretive and other program personnel such as assisting with special event setup and take down; serving as a member of task and event-oriented teams; and assisting other park staff in the performance of work such as time and attendance reporting, travel assistance, etc.
Under the supervision of higher graded employees, helps present talks providing general information based on the interpretive themes of the park. Programs are generally brief and given to small groups of visitors. Greets visitors, provides basic orientation to the site and local area, provides safety messages, responds to questions in person and by telephone, assists with trip planning, works in the cooperating association sales area, and restocks supplies. Uses and maintains audio/visual equipment and other interpretive equipment. Utilizes computers and completes accurate visitor statistics. Maintains bulletin boards and various interpretive exhibits.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver's license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 5 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16 years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) Have completed a formal vocational training program; or (c) Have received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their preference for employment rather than continuing their education; or (d) Be currently enrolled in a secondary school and either work only during school vacation periods or work part-time during the school year under a formal student employment program.
All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement-03/06/2020-unless otherwise stated in this vacancy announcement.
Credit will be given for all appropriate qualifying experience. To receive credit for experience, your resume MUST clearly indicate the nature of the duties and responsibilities for each position, starting and ending dates of employment (month/year), and the resume must reflect full and/or part-time or total number of hours worked (i.e., work 40+ hours a week, rather than indicating full-time). If part-time, the hours must be annotated to be able to pro-rate the amount of qualified specialized experience.
To qualify for this position at the GS-5 grade level, you must possess all of the following minimum qualifications by close of the announcement: