Packaging Engineer Needed At CRATE & BARREL Full-time Job2 months ago - Engineering - Naperville - 111 views
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as a Packaging Engineer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Packaging Engineer is accountable for ensuring packaging standards,requirements and SOP's are understood and followed by Internal (Supply Chain;Merchandising) and external (Agents, Vendors, Factories, Suppliers and 3rd Party Test Labs) partners and service providers by proactively maintaining and updating Furniture and Housewares Packaging Guidelines, Vendor Operations Guides while communicating directly on new product or current packaged-products experiencing damages by making recommendations, creating CAP (Corrective Action Plans) and by partnering with Agents, Merchants and Sourcing to insure Packaging Improvements are effective and changes will be cost neutral.
- Support and drive improvements to packaging to lower damage and adjustments due to packaging.
- Partner with Quality and Supply Chain to understand and respond to handling, storage and transit hazards inherent in our network to increase profitability while ensuring that our Transit Test Protocols accurately reflect these hazards within our environment.
- Support both Crate and CB2 Merchandising teams by recommending and approving packaging steps from Agents and/or Vendors for new or current products; by providing them with the appropriate Transit Test Protocols for any and all qualifying next season products.
- Collaborate with Quality, Merchants, Agents and Vendors to identify and resolve Packaging or Quality issues as reported using the Business Objects reporting system.
- Run the Business Objects reports each month for both Crate and CB2 Merchandising Furniture and Housewares Teams.
- Facilitate the CAP meeting with Quality to identify new issues or opportunities. Follow up with Agents or Vendors regarding ongoing CAP items and review with them on any questions for new items. Maintain CAP tracking/progress through the shared Google Drive.
- As requested, run SKU specific reporting and identify if the reporting indicates Packaging Action Steps and/or follow-up.
- Manage and track performance of our transit testing program to insure these protocols are reflecting the distribution, handing and transit hazards inherent in our network.
- Update Transit protocols as needed as our Carrier Transportation environments evolve.
- Work with our labs to insure protocols are updated as ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) standards evolve.