Office Support Assistant II Full-time Job6 days ago - Human Resources - Owings Mills - 68 views
01/25/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Office Support Assistant II
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Cabinet for Health & Family Services | Dept for Community Based Services
47 Cedar Creek Drive
Owingsville, KY 40360 USA
The Kentucky Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) is a multi-faceted agency that provides services and programs to enhance the self-sufficiency of families; improve safety and permanency for children and vulnerable adults; and engage families and community partners in a collaborative decision-making process.
For more information on the Department for Community Based Services, please visit our website at:
We are seeking an Office Support Assistant who is driven to succeed in helping people and the vulnerable population. This position provides general administrative support to the office supervisor and workers. The ideal candidate for this position is self- motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments well. The employee is expected to perform at the highest quality to ensure services to the vulnerable citizens. Come work in a rewarding, past paced environment, where you assist with providing support to both citizens and office staff. You will play a vital role in the success of the office.
Career growth is encouraged through training and mentoring. Benefits include health and life insurance, flexible work schedules, paid sick and vacation leave, and retirement benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains files, logs, manuals or other documents.
- Data Entry
- Drafts or prepares correspondence, detailed forms, reports or other materials
- Answers inquiries and provides detailed information on office inquiries in person, by telephone or by electronic mail
- Prepare/inputs office payroll, time and attendance and related documents
- Prepares daily, monthly or annual records or reports
- Operates personal computers, office machines or other office equipment
- Orders office supplies and/or maintains inventory of equipment, furniture or other items
- Distributes incoming mail or other incoming material to office staff, prepares outgoing mail, or parcels
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A willingness to work as part of a team
If you are interested in a challenging, yet rewarding opportunity, we would love to review your application for a Office Support Assistant II with DCBS.
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. CHFS will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that CHFS has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://dhs.gov/e-verify.
EDUCATION: High school graduate.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Two years of office support experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Additional education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title typically work in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Kristin Toy at Kristin.Toy@ky.gov or 606-674-6308.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D