Office Assistant - WVU Research Office Full-time Job5 months ago - Sales & Services - Morgan Hill - 132 views
The WVU Research Office is seeking applications for an Office Assistant. This position is responsible for providing efficient, professional, and friendly service to all customers; as well as, handling the clerical responsibilities for the WVU Research Office.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Greet and screen all visitors, helping as needed, alert office staff of visitors, and at the request of the office staff, direct visitors to their destination. In the event of building security issues, notify WVU DPS and building supervisor.
- Answer multiple telephone lines for the Office of Sponsored Program and the main line for the Research Office; directing all calls to the proper individual and messages as required via e-mail, voice mail or in writing to appropriate staff member s. Respond to routine inquiries and provide general information using OSP and Research Office web site as a primary source.
- Maintain and distribute parking permits for visitors to 886 Chestnut Ridge Road Building.
- Receive all in-coming mail from the University Mail Services and Health Sciences Courier, sort and distribute mail for all occupants within 886 Chestnut Ridge. Sign for special mailings and packages (i.e. UPS, Fed Ex. Etc.).
- Assist with multiple departmental bulk mailings preparations which may include copying and collating of materials as needed.
- Assist with typing of labels and other preparation of file folders, binders, etc. for documentsand/or event/ meeting preparation upon request by using a personal computer andtypewriter.
- Maintain Conference Room Schedule for GO1.
- Responsible for CITI training verification and follow-up regarding university-wide research activities requiring CITI training to include checking all research protocols during the approval stages and following through and tracking to ensure compliance with training requirements. May include all areas of WVU research compliance. Requires the use of database systems and spreadsheets on a regular basis.
- Access Research Administration Software to build knowledge and assist clients as necessary.
- Update Lobby Directory and add new staff members to the email list.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Pay Grade: 7
- High School Diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six (6) months of experience working in a professional office environment with administrative and computer experience, and the ability to interact in a professional manner with the general public.
- Ability to communicate routine information in English.
- Ability to take complete messages from visitors and telephone callers.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with others in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Knowledge of appropriate office procedures and operations.
- Ability to understand and communicate simple policies and procedures to others.
- Ability to maintain security by following procedures.
- Accuracy is needed, hand-eye coordination for the operation of computers, printers and general office equipment. Work requires skill and accuracy involving rapid motions and closely coordinated performance on or with office equipment.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2020
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes