Office & Admin Specialist Int Full-time Job4 months ago - Office Management - Saint Paul - 168 views
This position will provide high-level administrative support for section management, technical, and administrative staff in Drinking Water Protection (DWP) Section.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide section-wide administrative support for the manager, technical, and administrative staff of DWP Section including: receptionist phones & mail distribution, assistant purchasing coordinator, key operator for printers/copiers, assist lead worker in scheduling and coordinating webcasts and video/audio conferences.
- Serve as the primary Drinking Water Protection (DWP) section central cashier; providing training and guidance to other staff assigned to log daily cash receipts in order to meet state auditor requirements and MDH policy to centralize cash receipts process – to deposit and all cash receipts within 24 hours of receipt.
- Evaluate incoming engineering plans, specifications, and cash receipts for public drinking water system projects and for systems receiving grants or loans for infrastructure improvements; as well as finalize outgoing engineer plan letters being sent back to the systems.
- Scan and index correspondence, laboratory results, sanitary surveys, etc., into imagery systems (Image/1Suite).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, lead worker, other unit leaders, or section manager in order to facilitate the function of the section.
- Customer service skills sufficient to answer phones from distressed individuals of various backgrounds, understanding their questions, assessing their needs, and responding appropriately.
- Math skills sufficient to prepare, analyze and process receipts, deposits, refunds and expense reports.
- Highly accurate typing/word processing skills (45 wpm at 92% or better accuracy).
- High proficiency in English (speaking, writing and reading) including composition, spelling, grammar, proofreading and punctuation, to accurately compose, edit, and process memos and letters.
- Database Management (including accurate data entry, data processing and analysis) and Computerized Inventory Control Systems
- Working independently completing manual and automated filing systems, organizing workload according to priority and meeting deadlines.
- Considerable knowledge of department policy and regulations sufficient to answer questions and/or refer inquires appropriately.
- Working knowledge of the following software programs: Microsoft office, SharePoint, Tableau, Skype and BlueWorks Live, quickly learning new software.
- Knowledge of video conferencing including operation equipment, scheduling, viewing, and troubleshooting problems.
- Excellent human relation skills, including the ability to deal patiently and diplomatically with internal and external customers of varying backgrounds, personalities, and professions.
- Requires occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds (i.e. file boxes). Job may also require significant standing or walking to perform job duties.
- Ability to comprehend and carryout both oral and written assignments.
- Ability to use the following equipment: calculator, computer and printer.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Why Work For Us
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employer longevity and job satisfaction.
We offer a competitive benefits package including employee and family health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health promotion programs, pre-tax benefits, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, deferred compensation, retirement benefits, and more!
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Shannon Huberty at email@example.com.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID #/number to contact Shannon Huberty at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at Annie.Hanson@state.mn.us.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.