NYC Census 2020 Campaign Manager Full-time Job4 months ago - Sales & Services - Manhattan - 139 views
- *** THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION***
In January 2019, Mayor Bill de Blasio established NYC Census 2020, an office dedicated to ensuring that every New Yorker is counted in the 2020 Census. Achieving full participation in the Census is critical to ensuring that New York City is granted its fair share of political representation at the most local level, as well as in Albany and in Washington, and to ensuring that the City is granted its fair share of hundreds of billions in federal funding for housing, education, healthcare, and more.
Given New York City’s historical undercount in previous Censuses, the City of New York is investing significant resources to encourage full participation in the 2020 Census. The City is particularly focused on increasing participation in its harder-to-count communities, especially communities of color and immigrant communities. Job Duties and Responsibilities NYC Census 2020 seeks a qualified individual to serve as Campaign Manager. This individual will oversee the Field team, Grants team, Data team and External Affairs team to ensure all possible stakeholders are engaged with and New Yorkers participate in the 2020 Census. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the NYC Census Deputy Director, oversee campaign planning and direction toensure the campaign is hitting goal of narrowing gap in self-response between NYC and national
- Develop campaign goals and targeting for Get Out The Count campaign.
- Provide senior leadership for the Field, Grants, Data, and External Affairs teams to effectivelyachieve NYC Census 2020’s mission.
- In collaboration with the NYC Census Deputy Director, manage work flow among teams and withInter-Agency, Communications, and Operations teams to ensure seamless cross-team collaboration.
- Analyze performance and progress towards goals among all teams to ensure goals are being met andadjust specific strategies and tactics as needed.
- In consultation with the NYC Census Deputy Director, coordinate directly with key strategic partners,elected officials, Census 2020 Citywide Partners, unions, and other stakeholders on matters relevant to
the census portfolio.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and five years of full-time paid experience acquired within the last fifteen years, of supervisory or administrative experience including handling of business promotion or urban economic problems, at least 2 years of which must have been in a managerial or executive capacity with primary focus on business promotion or urban economic planning; or
2. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience. However all candidates must have 2 years of managerial or executive experience as described in "1" above.
Appropriate graduate study in an accredited college or university may be substituted for the general experience on a year-for-year basis. All candidates must have a four-year high school diploma or its equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization.
Search for the Job ID# 432765
External Candidates please go to www.nyc.gov/careers
Current NYC employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTALS MENTIONED ABOVE.
SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN INTERVIEW.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
*If you do not have access to a personal computer, please visit your local library*
Hours/Shift: 35 Hours Per Week (minimum)
161 William St New York N Y
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees
in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in
Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency
requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.