Mid-Level Transmission Line Engineer (Remote)
Freeport, ME – Maine
Category: Part time
Location: Nationwide, State/Territory:
Department: Power Delivery Division Mgmt Dept.
Mid-Level Transmission Line Engineer (REMOTE)
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Transmission Line Engineer for our Overhead Transmission design team. The candidate has the option of office-based work in any of our South-Central locations (offices located in Louisiana, Texas, and Colorado); or remote (or hybrid) from a mutually acceptable location. This position has a flexible work schedule. Full-time and part-time options are available.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, supporting, and coordinating the following:
- Department alignment with POWERs Culture Codes
- Contribute to the growth of POWERs Culture through strong leadership characteristics
- Encourage growth, engagement, and accountability
- Maintain a healthy relationship with colleagues and foster areas of improvement where needed
- Lead and/or support the initial project execution layout to ensure an efficient and effective project plan has been established
- Manage engineers, drafters, and designers on small to medium-sized engineering projects and interface directly with the client
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a project schedule and budget
- Conduct weekly or bi-weekly project meetings to clearly outline upcoming deliverables and tasks with responsible personnel identified
- Coordinate with clients on project status and support project meetings as necessary
- Maintain project workflow and thorough communication across multi-discipline projects, both internal and external to POWER
- Forecast upcoming project requirements to assist in resource planning
- Facilitate and adhere to POWERs QA/QC procedure to ensure the correct personnel is performing the required QA/QC review
- Participate in industry conferences, both internal and external, to improve professional growth while fostering knowledge transfer to colleague
- Develop Transmission Line design knowledge pertaining to PLS-CADD, structure staking, foundations, assembly drawings, steel pole performance loading, material procurement, construction specification, and construction support
Project Manager Support
- Maintain project status reports
- Provide weekly or bi-weekly project updates and project forecasting
- Lead and/or support PM by meeting with clients, both in-person and remotely
- Develop client relationships allowing POWER the opportunity to position ourselves to win future work
Department Manager Support
- Support resource forecast planning for upcoming and current project loads
- Participate in new hire screening and review processes
- Provide business improvement methodologies and procedures
- Discuss project and/or department personnel conflicts, performance issues, and collaborate on a suitable approach to constructively provide a successful resolution
- Contribute to Business Planning and Budgeting
- Professional Engineering licensure preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management
- The candidate must have a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office software suite
- At least 3 years of experience using PLS-CADD
- Electric utility industry experience
- Experience managing projects and leading multi-disciplined teams
- Design experience up to 230 kV
- Distribution design experience
- At least 3-years of experience using POLE, TOWER and FAD Tools software packages
- Transmission line routing
- Transmission foundation design
- Transmission structure load and design
- Cost estimating and scheduling
- Experience using L-Pile and Microsoft Projects
At Power Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple:
Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since were employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work.
Benefits for Line Engineer:
That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Telehealth Benefit covers all providers
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- New Dads and Moms Benefit program
- Fertility Benefits
- Gender affirming care
The pay-range for this position is $70-$120K per year; however, base pay may be higher or lower depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
This figure does not include additional compensation such as health benefits, vacation, 401k, etc.
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable