MEETING AND EVENT PLANNER Full-time Job1 month ago - Public Service - McLean - 82 views
A Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. As a leading corporate dining and hospitality company, we provide quality and nutritious meals with a wellness-first approach, reception services, and property management to over 800 locations nationwide. From respected law firms, financial institutions, professional athletics teams, K-12 independent schools, hotels and conference centers, and more, our approach to hospitality is rooted in our dedication to providing quality service to each and every one of our guests. We believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client; our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices. Join our team today!
Working as a Meeting and Event Planner, you are responsible for Guest Services for a Conference Center. You will manage a team of coordinators and receptionists. You will be responsible for ensuring guest’s needs are met with high level of customer services. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Plans and communicates to all departments the expressed need of the customer
- Works directly with the Sales Training Department to ensure that all details of their trainings/meetings are arranged and space reserved appropriately. Constantly communicates with them to keep abreast of changes, additions and customer comments
- Acts as a liaison between the Conference Center and all customers
- Prepares all group service orders by using room reservation software
- Works closely with the Audio Visual & Conference Services Departments to ensure room set-ups, A.V. needs, and special requests.
- Works closely with the Food & Beverage Department for food quality, menu maintenance and assessing customer feedback
- Assists the General Manager in analyzing all aspects of the Training Center operation and reports back on any aspect that does not seem to be functioning properly
- Assists the General Manager in analyzing and creating quarterly Operational Review reports including PowerPoint slides and compiling data from the space management system
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary if candidate has related conference services experience
- Have a least two years hotel or conference center experience
- Abreast of industry trends
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 346915
AMY S MILLER