Medical Records Clerk with experience, Progressive Spine & Orthopaedics, LLC
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive Pay range
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday to Friday
- 9 am – 5 pm
About this position:
Medical Records Clerk with Experience
Medical Records Clerk assembles, reviews, and maintains patient files and medical records in a confidential and accurate manner following established policies and protocols; supports activities of the medical records department.
DUTIES OF CLERK:
- Retrieves medical records promptly upon request for nurses, physicians, front office personnel, hospital floors, and/or other authorized individuals; tracks/monitors record’s location and return.
- Reviews incoming medical records documents including but not limited to diagnostic reports, visit notes, physician/nursing/practitioner notes, admission/transfer/discharge forms, certification/re-certification documentation, care plans, treatment plans, authorization forms, medication records, and insurance forms/records; sorts and files in appropriate records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies late, incomplete, or inaccurate documentation and, in accordance with established protocols, reports to individual(s) responsible for completion/accuracy of documentation; tracks return of such documentation.
- Completes requests for copies of medical records and mails as appropriate; coordinates charge record/invoice for medical record copies when appropriate.
- Closes medical records according to established protocols; purges charts annually and stores appropriately; maintains accurate record of stored files and destruction schedules.
- Monitors fax machine and distributes documents as necessary.
Responsibilities of Medical Records Clerk:
- Medical records clerk assembles charts and creates new blank charts according to established protocol.
- Prepares for insurance and regulatory agency chart audits by pulling charts to be reviewed and assuring that charts are complete and in good order.
- Assures that all medical record information is protected and kept confidential; protects all medical record information from loss, defacing, or destruction before retention period ends.
- Verifies census daily; prepares and distributes census reports.
- Assists with the admission process as needed including but not limited to assembling admission packets, processing admission records in a timely and accurate manner, completing/verifying all information on admission records.
- Audits medical records as needed.
- Assists with data entry as needed; prepares reports and correspondence as needed
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to typing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing as needed.
- Answers telephone and responds to requests/inquiries in a timely and professional manner as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Benefits for Medical Records Clerk:
- Dental, vision and health insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Free parking
- Employee Discounts – Cost savings discounts across an array of services
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate
- MetLife Coverage
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below, and the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Fill the form on online site and verify your Email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable