Manager of Loadmasters Full-time Job4 months ago - Sales & Services - Miami - 150 views
Manages the Loadmaster personnel performance of duties relating to aircraft handling. Supervise loading/unloading, weight and balance performance, carriage of dangerous goods, and other general cargo operations.
- Responsible for managing the company's Loadmasters personnel.
- Supervises Loadmaster daily work activities and flight schedule.
- Ensures proper flights and/or stations Loadmaster coverage.
- Handles administrative duties and responsibilities for Loadmaster personnel.
- Responsible for the Loadmasters' performance of aircraft loading/unloading, aircraft movement, dangerous goods procedures, and pallet build-up. Identifies and rectifies problems with management.
- Ensures safety of company aircraft.
- Monitors Loadmaster personnel assurance of regulatory compliance and company requirements such as special cargo tiedown, pallets/nets/straps procedures and dangerous goods shipments.
- Reviews Loadmaster reports and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness, and corrects inaccurate and/or incomplete information, as appropriate.
- Ensures aircraft and cargo handling meet all Company safety standards, governmental policies and regulations, aircraft and equipment manufacturer's requirements and limitations, and that customers receive excellent quality service.
- Close working relationship with Ground Operations Training, Standards and Procedures, Dangerous Goods, and Special Loads departments to determine priorities, and identify or resolve any operational issues, and development or revision to policies and procedures.
- Meets with customers and/or Sales and Marketing department to provide customer service and assistance.
- Responsible for the Loadmaster group Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Other activities and special projects as directed by the Director Ground Operations Standards and Training.
- In the absence of the Manager of Loadmasters, the Senior Director Ground Operations Standards and Training will take the designation of his/her duties.
- 7 - 10 years of aviation experience.
- 3 - 5 years of management experience.
- Applies understanding of aircraft positions and heights and aircraft weight limitations.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of operating equipment.
- Knows and adheres to Company operating and safety policies, operations, processes and procedures appropriate to the job.
- Understands and uses airfreight and flight terminology and processes.
- Airline cargo and ground handling experience is required.
- Airline weight and balance is required.
- Proof of IATA/ICAO hazardous material experience is required.
- Maintains current passport and travels to off-line stations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement