Management Assistant Full-time Job1 week ago - Sales & Services - Chantilly - 69 views
About the Position:
Serves as a Management Assistant in a Contract Management Office (CMO) within Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) with primary responsibility for providing administrative and technical support to the Commander/Director and Deputy. Responsible for providing a variety of administrative and timely support services for the CMO.
- Prepares special reports, a variety of charts and graphs, etc.
- Analyzes problems associated with the office operations, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Provides technical guidance on streamlining administrative functions.
- Controls, develops, and improves various administrative directives.
- Assures that directives are within the scope of the originating organization's delegated authority and functions.
- Conducts studies of existing directives to detect and eliminate conflict, overlap and duplication and to simplify them.
Occasional travel - Official travel up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
0344 Management And Program Clerical And Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. Personnel security investigation required.
Who May Apply:
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
- External Recruitment Military Spouse Preference
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-06). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience working in an office setting and providing various administrative functions, such as, preparing reports and correspondence, organizing and scheduling meetings. Analyzing problems associated with office operations and taking corrective action as necessary. Experience with task management and tracking.
Education can be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Manpower & Personnel
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 3 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Tour of Duty: Full Time.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt.
- Bargaining Unit: Yes.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.