At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News& World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference everyday.
Unit Assistants – David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care
The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care is the newest addition to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s facilities. The Center is scheduled to open in late 2019, providing dynamic outpatient setting for leading-edge cancer treatments.The Koch Center will allow MSK to achieve greater efficiencies while enhancing the patient experience.
We are seeking exceptional Unit Assistants to join our company of dedicated professionals. As a part of the Magnet- designated Nursing team, you will act as a liaison between patients, guests, and Memorial Sloan Kettering staff as an important role with significant impact on the patient experience. As a Unit Assistant, you will ensure the accuracy and timely implementation of orders,the coordination of services, and responsiveness to patient inquiries in a professional manner.
Are you ready to join the fight to conquer cancer?
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach difference audiences and executing your conversations based on that understanding
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building strong relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and tackle tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared goals and objectives
- A quick learner, with the ability to apply insights from past efforts to new situations
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Work in an Ambulatory Setting
- Respond to patient inquires and requests by providing exceptional customer service and coordinating with Memorial Sloan Kettering staff
- Handle stressful situations and think on your feet to solve problems efficiently using good judgment and knowledge of internal systems and protocols
- Multitask and partner with clinical staff to ensure patients' needs are addressed efficiently
- Maintain a positive attitude and considerate demeanor when partnering with patients and the clinical team
- Play a vital role when providing administrative support to the entire unit
- A High School diploma or equivalent (required) OR Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of strong related experience with proven experience in customer service, taking initiative and multitasking.
- Superb communication, organizational, and intermediate computer skills
- Experience as a Medical Assistant or similar position in a professional, fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities
- Various 8-hour shifts Flex between 6:00 am to 9:00 pm with weekend rotation
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures,providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter,or using specialized equipment.