Looking For An Engineering Intern At NV5 Full-time Job1 week ago - Engineering - San Diego - 14 views
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate,driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Ability to perform project research at local public agencies
- Beginning knowledge of local agency functions
- Beginning knowledge of local agency design standards
- Software: Excel, Microsoft Office tasks, Cadd, other specialty software appropriate to the individual’s discipline
- Utilize NV5 standards
- Adaptability to various work load types, i.e., water, transportation, site work; to strengthen diversification
- Developing and improving Cadd/LDD skills
- Ability to prepare a design plan or plan set
- Specialty: Beginning knowledge of grading and site plan design
- Specialty: Perform basic hydrologic analysis and hydraulic analysis
- Specialty: Perform basic structural tasks
- Specialty: Identify and resolve utility conflicts
- Ask “why”, to learn; and follow up
- Independent study to improve skills
- Be aware of budget hours; notify supervisor if not able to meet the budgeted hours
- Establish and pursue career goals through the PDP process
- Consistently meet and then exceed client and supervisor expectations by ensuring accurate, complete and timely assignment completion.
- Minimum of BS degree
- Two years in civil engineering curriculum.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.