Lead Clerk, GG-0303-06, Census-EXT-LP Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Sales & Services - Dallas - 93 views
This position is located at the U.S. Census Bureau's Dallas Regional Census Center in Irving TX.
Relocation will not be paid.
A trial period may be required.
- Perform a combination of personnel/payroll duties to support the responsibilities of the office.
- Receives and reviews for procedural compliance, weekly and biweekly payroll documents, and other forms related to timekeeping and pay rolling for both the National Finance Center (NFC) system and Decennial Applicant Personnel & Payroll System (DAPPS).
- Establish a variety of administrative work control logs and records; coordinate the workload distribution to maintain flow and quality of work to ensure that work is completed on time and meets established Bureau standards.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizen.
- Suitable for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- You may be required to complete a financial disclosure (OGE-450).
- This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants are responsible for insuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Selective Factor: To be minimally qualified for this position applicants MUST have a typing proficiency of at least 40 words per minute with 3 or fewer errors based on a five-minute sample.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: Experience directing, organizing, planning, and reviewing clerical duties assigned. Experience reviewing and evaluating various documents, forms, and providing recommendations to staff. Experience following policies and procedures in accordance with Bureau standards.
EDUCATION: No substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- 30% or more disabled veteran
- Person with Disability
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.