IT Software Architect
- Lincoln, NE
- Omaha, NE
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R17815
Salary Range: $115,000-$130,000
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.Apply Now
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.
The IT Software Architect will design enterprise wide cross-functional solutions and provide guidance and leadership to technical teams.
– Lead and/or participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
– Act as a consultant with internal and external clients to understand business needs and identify potential solutions.
– Provide technical direction, training, and mentoring to technical team members.
– Develop and champion Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
– Provide oversight to ensure adherence to methodologies, best practices and standards.
– Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
– 6 years experience in software development with a strong expertise in at least one key competency.
– 2 to 3 years experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale technology solutions.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
– Strong history of software development, preferably .NET
– Strong diagramming skills
– CI/CD experience
– Knowledge with ETL translation
– Experience with microservices and web services
– Strong knowledge of cloud platforms
– Strong relational database knowledge.
– Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
– In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
– Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on the platforms in areas of expertise.
– Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
– Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
– Business acumen in proposing feasible business solutions.
– Self-directed; highly motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
– Ability to obtain a security clearance.
– Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance is strongly desired.
For IT Software Architect benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
How to Apply:
- Just click on the button below the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Signup with your email and confirm your email ID
- Put your details and submit your application
- Upload your resume if applicable