Our values define us and our culture inspires us to change lives for the better. Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and every success we experience begins with them. We hire team members who raise the bar, who are collaborative and inclusive, who build relationships, and who are looking for a long-term career with Fulton. We strive to promote a culture of work-life balance,to unplug and recharge to be your best self, at work and at home.
This Commercial Lending internship opportunity will be based out of our Delle Donne Corporate Center location in Wilmington, DE.
Our program is designed to provide Interns with real-world commercial banking experience at a regional banking institution. Interns will have the opportunity to be exposed to various roles and responsibilities within commercial banking that include underwriting,credit analysis, business development, loan origination and portfolio management. Under close supervision of a designated supervisor, Interns are responsible for learning Bank policies and procedures to acquire a working knowledge of the commercial banking process. Specific activities will vary by assignment.
A wide range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Accounting,Finance, Risk and Business related majors.
This is a Summer, 2020 internship.
- Performs assigned duties in designated department to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance.
- Reports on progress in internship program and feedback about program to a designated manager. Management feedback must indicate satisfactory progress to remain in Internship Program. Duration of program will vary.
- Spend time with related business lines to gain understanding of relationship to commercial banking and overall banking operations. Related areas to include consumer banking and commercial product partners such as Mortgage and Merchant Card Services.
- Attend joint calls with Relationship Managers to clients and prospects regarding various banking products and services.
- Attend internal meetings such as staff meeting and sales meetings. Attend community events and networking events with Relationship Managers.
- Work with Relationship Managers to prepare sales tracking and marketing materials.
- Complete financial analysis as requested by Relationship Managers.
- Coordinate collection and tracking of client financial statements.
- Communicate with clients and prospects regarding work in process.
- Assist Relationship Managers with portfolio management responsibilities and pre-call planning research for customer/prospect meetings.
- Other special project work.
High School Diploma or the Equivalent Experience or equivalent experience.
Specialty: Fulton interns will be expected to have completed, or currently enrolled and in the process of completing, a 4 year college degree at an accredited college or university. Accounting, finance, risk and business related majors preferred,but not required. Strong academic performance is required.
Preference will be offered to rising juniors/seniors.
Would have completed a minimum of one semester freshman year and at least 15 or more credits.(Required)
0 to 6 months Experience requirements will match the needs of the assigned department.
Previous work experience, leadership experience, and community involvement preferred.
0 to 6 months May or may not have had previous internship. (Preferred)
As a condition of employment, individuals must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for a work visa by Fulton Financial Corporation currently or in the future.Fulton Financial Corporation (“Fulton”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons. Fulton will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin,citizenship, gender, gender identity, age, genetic information, marital status,disability, covered veteran status, or any other legally protected status.