The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study.The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Production Logistics through working on important and innovative projects that build experience in project and supply chain management, finance, carrier quality and internal customer interaction.Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team.
- Manage activities related to carriers and suppliers compliance
- Utilize data analytics to support customers and production plants new transport lanes support
- Support the Logistics Engineers and Data Management Specialists in their day-to-day activities
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (carriers, transport set-ups, spend, etc.)
- Participate in supplier / customer and internal team meetings
Internships are offered in each of the following Supply Chain Optimization Departments
- Data Management
- Logistics Engineering
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (All fields are welcome to apply, different perspectives are essential for success.) The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
Skills needed to be successful in this role
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Business case development
- Project management
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access