Inside Sales Specialist at BD Full-time Job1 month ago - Other - Baltimore - 68 views
Job Description Summary
The sales specialist is responsible for driving contract renewals and driving growth to new and/or existing customers through telephone contact to meet individual and organizational sales objectives.
- Develops, documents and drives the contract renewal process through full utilization of a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers.
- Effectively deploys clinically relevant product features/benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of out product offerings. Coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for these products.
- Works effectively with other BD Associates (Account Executives (AE), Molecular Sales Specialist (MSS), Regional Business Managers (RBM), Technical Support, Contracts Department, Customer Service as well as BD’s distribution partners to support the customer in growth and long-term retention activities.
- Effectively demonstrates the soft and hard costs associated with the product portfolio by persuading multiple decision makers and influencers to orchestrate a successful product conversion or contract renewal within the institution.
- Forecasts activity and closes as required by management
- Provides continuous support including post sales activities. Effectively communicate with the Service Organization to coordinate a successful installation plan to ensure long term customer satisfaction of the product.
- Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, new contracts and renewals, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions.
- Lives by the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. BA/BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline. Degree in Medical Technology (MTASCP) or Microbiology preferred.
- 1-3 years of sales experience; however, will look at new graduates.
- Knowledge of selling process and components to build/maintain customer loyalty.
- Preparation, presentation and closing skills to include direct sales, use of distribution channel and/or team selling approach.
- Strong organizational skills. Territory management, account assessment and relationship development. Analytical with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget and expense management.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interaction required.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere to include professional excellence, teamwork, and integrity.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, strong problem solving and time management skills
- Assist other departments and team members when required or requested to help meet business needs.
- Seek continual education opportunities to remain up to date with products and processed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as Salesforce.
- Ideal candidate will be able to consider future relocation opportunities for growth into field sales
- Ability to travel to customer sales calls and meetings, infrequently and as needed.
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Baltimore
UDA Private Jobs