Information Technology, Intern Spring 2024
Date: Oct 5, 2023
Location: Columbus, MS, US, 39701
Job Title: Information Technology Intern Spring 2024
Nearest Major Market: Columbus, Mississippi
Computer Science, Information Technology, Testing, Intern, Multimedia, Technology, Creative, Entry Level
- PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905.
- PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
- PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
For further information:
PACCAR ENGINE COMPANY
- PACCAR Engine Company in Columbus, Mississippi produces the best-in-class, state-of-the-art MX engines that power Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
- PACCAR MX engines bring a new level of innovation through quality, exceptional reliability, and proven performance.
- In more than 50 years, PACCAR has delivered over one million engines globally, providing innovative solutions and an unwavering commitment to superior performance.
Join our best-in-class team today through the following opportunity:
PACCAR Engine Company has an immediate opening for an Information Technology Intern in Columbus, MS
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Information Technology is an opportunity in a fast-paced dynamic work environment that will test and develop your analytical, technical, and problem-solving abilities. This position will work as part of the infrastructure team to provide technical support to employees, assist with ticket resolution, and some small project work. Activities include but are not limited to computer setup, software installation, and multimedia support. You will be exposed to a broad range of technologies that support engineering, quality, materials, and manufacturing functions.
This position will also include:
- Deploying new PC’s as part of PC Refresh Program
- First level Incident Report support
- Support Service Requests
Qualifications & Skills
The candidate we seek will be currently enrolled in an Information Systems, Computer Science or related Program and have completed at least their Sophomore year of College.
The skills that are important to be successful in this position are as follows:
- Competency with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Resourceful self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong professionalism and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
As a U.S. PACCAR intern, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth, training, and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their field
Additional Job Board
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
WARNING: Always be on the lookout for job scams! PACCAR will never ask you for money as part of recruitment or a job offer.
How to apply:
- Just click on the button below, and the Apply page will open in the next tab.
- Sign up with your email and confirm your email ID.
- Put in your details and submit your application.
- Upload your resume, if applicable.