INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION(IME) REVIEWER
The IME Reviewer will:
- Review and obtain corrections, where necessary, to medical evaluation reports from our medical practitioners, who are required to evaluate claimants involved in motor vehicle accidents.
- Ensure that specific data is accurate and complete according to Independent Medical Evaluation Guidelines:
- Each report includes details of the motor vehicle accident, medical symptoms resulting from the stated accident, summarize past medical/surgical history, claimant employment history, medical record review to ensure consistency with claimant’s stated medical symptoms and related treatment recommendations by the medical practitioner.
- Review and proofread practitioner reports to be accurate and consistent with the data provided by the practitioner during the medical evaluation of claimants.
Also, the IME Reviewer must have the ability to review for missing information and data, which is required to be included in each report.
- Organize and review related medical records, received from our insurance carrier-client, to make certain the data is logically consistent within medical evaluation reports, which are then sent to insurance carrier for review and processing.
- Maintain accurate Productivity Log, with file I.D. number, date, and practitioner, for daily review.
The successful candidate will have:
- A resilient work ethic within a demanding and fast-paced environment – we need a “can do” attitude.
- The ability to work effectively with medical editor team members – and the ability to work independently.
- Close attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills on a daily and weekly basis.
- Basic familiarity with medical terminology, including orthopedic surgery, neurology, chiropractic, and acupuncture specialties.
- An A.A./B.A. in Liberal Arts, or equivalent experience with medical editing and medical proofreading.
- Must provide recent professional references.
Empire Stat Group is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected administrators of Independent Medical Examinations, Peer Review, and Fee Audits.
We offer expert medical evaluation services within the insurance carrier sector, which are conducted in a prompt,thorough, and fair manner by our panel of medical professionals.
Our in-house staff includes physician-specialists and nurses, medical editors and claims & fee auditing professionals, who are dedicated to providing our insurance carrier-clients with quality work and efficient service.
For more information, please visithttp://www.empirestat.com
* * *
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Proofreading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- New York, NY 10005 (Required)