HR Specialist Needed At Options for Southern Oregon Full-time Job2 months ago - Human Resources - Grants Pass - 117 views
As a member of the Human Resource Department, the Human Resource Specialist performs HR-related duties and works closely with other HR staff, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and the Quality Assurance Department in supporting both departmental and agency goals. This position manages credentialing processes for direct service staff, and carries out additional HR responsibilities.
The HR Specialist interacts with Coordinated Care Organizations, Community Partners and State agencies. Must be able to work independently and adjust to changing priorities, organizing workload to complement the needs and deadlines of the organization and maintaining strictest confidentiality. Applies excellent interpersonal skills and represents the department and agency in a professional manner at all times.
- Works with sensitive and confidential information, strictly adhering to confidentiality policies of organization.
- Prepares and tracks credentialing processes, including QMHP and QMHA designations, state registries, licensure, Medicare provider enrollment and third party credentialing, as required.
- Assists Peer and BAI staff with registration/certification applications and submits them to the appropriate state agencies. Tracks registration/certification processes and communicates with state agencies regarding progress and follow-up.
- Organizes and maintains credentialing records.
- Prepares for, and participates in, Credentialing audits by outside agencies.
- Actively develops and carries out communication processes that ensure that supervisor, managers, COO and QA are kept updated as to progress in credentialing, background checks, registry status and other critical areas that impact on agency performance and compliance.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new credentialing legislation, anticipating changes, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Runs queries and reports from employee database and Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Completes or oversees projects, often of a priority nature, as directed.
- Develops tracking processes for date sensitive tasks and materials, and ensures that interested parties are aware of time-lines and issues.
- Serves as Qualified Entity Designee (QED) for state-required Background Check procedures, performing background checks and distributing approved Fitness Determinations.
Experience which provides knowledge of Human Resources functions,business practices and organizational structure. Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Healthcare or mental health experience desirable.Experience with credentialing preferred.
Must be able to handle frequent interruptions and changing priorities. Use effective customer relations skills, including the ability to work with diverse people in a fast-paced environment, and display an understanding of group dynamics.
Practice strong organizational skills and effective use of time.Candidates must be able to learn to use our electronic health record system and HR databases.
Must successfully pass state-required background and DMV checks.Occasional travel between sites or to trainings may be required.
Excellent salary and benefits; family medical, long term disability, 403(b) plan with 6% match - and more. Pay is commensurate with experience.