Hiring Jr Field Engineer At Bridgestone Americas Full-time Job8 months ago - Engineering - Albany - 187 views
Nashville,Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of abroad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural,forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This position is based in the Albany, NY area and is designated to be pro-active in the development of future products and the continuous process of redefining direction and future business needs. This person is seen by fleet customer and dealer contacts as a direct link to the corporate engineering and technical center development staffs. This position requires up to 50% travel and some irregular periods of work away from home and office. This position requires the ability to manipulate, lift, or move medium heavy truck tires. This position may also include working in inclement weather. A company vehicle will be provided for this position
The new Field Engineer will perform field engineering work with instruction as given by the Regional Field Engineering Manager. Part of the duties will include:
- Create a comprehensive work plan and implement test schedules for specifically assigned new tire development programs. Also to initiate special tests in order to meet market and product needs.
- Follow the performance of current tires and to assist in planning and implementation of improvement studies.
- Investigate and report competitors' tire performance to identify company strengths or weaknesses.
- Gain expert knowledge in order to be able to respond to dealer/user/sales department technical performance questions/concerns.
PROVIDE TECHNICAL EXPERTISE TO FLEETS, DEALERS AND SALES FORCE:
- Respond to Fleets, Dealers and Sales force technical assistance requests.
- Perform scrap and fleet tire surveys of Bridgestone and competitor tires and report findings to fleets, dealers and regional sales.
- Supply sales department with evaluation results of current Bridgestone products vs. competition.
- Develop, Educate, & Distribute technical information to Fleets, Dealers and Sales Force.
- Participate in and present technical presentations to outside organizations such as local industry shows and professional group meetings.
- Make product calls with sales force to provide technical expertise and public relations.
- Determine and perform on site field adjustment for key fleets as necessary.
MONITOR PRODUCT PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD:
- Search, identify and pre-qualify evaluation users.
- Initiate, track, report and follow up on field evaluations of our in-line Commercial products vs. competition.
- Determine and confirm product performance in the field for sales expansion purposes.
- Investigate and initiate new product requests based on field evaluations and market awareness.
COLLECT, ANALYZE AND REPORT MARKET INFORMATION.
- Investigate and report competitor activity to Regional management and Corporate Sales Engineering.
- Analyze market trends and recommend product line enhancements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all BFS proprietary information:
PROVIDE SUPPORT TO TECHNICAL GROUPS:
- Coordinate and participate in regional surveys for Marketing, Akron Technical Center, Bridgestone Japan, and Bridgestone Americas Engineering staffs.
- Manage Special projects as requested.
- Draft and submit ideas for technical and customer service bulletins.
Candidate must possess a BS degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred along with basic automotive knowledge. There is no experience necessary with this position. This is an entry level position with the potential for a company bonus.
The Field Engineer will be located in the Albany, New York area.
Bridgestoneis proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age,color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability,race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.